Short list of projects I’ve been involved which are more or less complete…
MARABUNTA · 24hc18¶
This project was realized with members of the HAUM association with the goal of proposing a subject for the “24 heures du code” of 2018 at Le Mans.
For this subject we wanted to make a multi-agent game. After a brainstorming of several months we decided to make a game where the players have to control an ant colony by developing a simple weak artificial intelligence.
The game is decomposed into several part, first of all there is the simulator, developed in C++, which is the arena of the game where the ant colonies compete against each other. Players have to develop a weak AI in the language they want from the list of those proposed.
Secondly, there is a visual rendering with a 3D planet spinning on itself where you can see the ants fighting during the matches.
The visual rendering may seem a bit useless, but it helped the teams to better understand their code.
We also had fun writing a little story about the game to give it a background. The detailed documenation can be found here.
During the project I was able to participate in the development of the engine as well as in the development of an AI to test and debug the engine.
The source code is available here.
LAUMIO · 24hc17¶
This project was realized with members of the HAUM association with the goal of proposing a subject for the “24 heures du code” of 2017 at Le Mans.
Before defining the purpose of the subject, the object itself muse be defined. This one is a glass of sphere bought at IKEA (we’re not going to break our heads either :p) which is filled with 13 LEDs controllable via an arduino card (WeMos D1 mini) over WiFi. For a more detailed explanation you can check this article directly on the HAUM webiste.
This object was not originally designed to be a “24 heures du code” subject. It was therefore necessary to modify it by first removing the WiFi module and make it able to communicate via the USB port (which is used at the same time to flash it).
To siplify, the goal of the players was that they had to communicate with the Laumio and solve the puzzles it proposed. Some were related to plays of light made with the Laumio while other was simple mathematical puzzle (sometimes not so simple by the way). The source code and blueprints of the system are available on Github for more information.
During this project I was able to code some animations. I also took part in soldering some lamps with a bit of difficulty because I’m a little out of practice soldering, but at least I was able to learn some tricks to solder more easily and faster.
Once the project was done, we had to be present for 24 hours without a break in order to supervise the players and keep the server in place… Because we had some small technical problems with it and we had to do some token resolution by hand… (For more info on this damn token story you have to go see this article).
Listen the radio: http://radio.bts-malraux72.net/
This project has to objectives, one technical and the other social.
Technical in the sense that setting up a web radio is not something that can be done in one day, you have to think about how to do it, with what and correctly. The challenge was to do it exclusively with Raspberry Pi in order to be able to host it locally at school and consume little energy.
And socially in the sense, where loving free software and wishing to share it, we decided to distribute exclusively royalty-free music.
This project, realized over two years as part of the STI2D baccalaureate, consisted in creating a robot that could move an object from point A to point B via 4 motorized winches. This project was realized with Arduino electronic boards and Xbee modules.
For more information, see directly the project website which contains a more detailed document. (Website down, see directly the source code)